Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day

I know this late, but I wanted to wait until I could get a picture of Evan into the post. After spending most of my life ignoring St. Patrick's Day, it has now taken on some significance in my life; it's the day Evan spends playing the bagpipes from 10:00 am until 7:00 pm (and that's after opting out of their last three gigs). Yes, St. Patty's Day is a big deal to bagpipe players and this was Evan's first as a band member. I don't have any pictures from his very first parade (St. Paul), but I did get this one from his second parade (Minneapolis)As I've been pondering this post, it has puzzled me as to why the Irish have a special day all to themselves, but other ethnicities don't get that privilege. Why can't we Poles celebrate Nicolaus Copernicus Day? Why, I say? It just doesn't seem fair...

2 comments:

  1. It may be that the Irish really know how to party and everyone else wants to join in??? The first St Patricks day parades in St. Paul were just family groups walking together with green beer in their mugs. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be honest, I don't think it's changed all that much. Still a lot of people walking around drinking beer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.