Wait, I'm Not Ready

For winter that is.  I woke up this morning to snow covering everything.  I knew it was probably going to snow today, but I didn't think it would arrive before I got out of bed.  Under most circumstances I love the first snow of the year, but this year the leaves haven't even fallen off of all our trees.  They are taking forever to fall!  So now, I have snow covered piles of leave.  I know the snow will melt, but then I will have wet, yucky piles of leaves to clean up.  

Of course, the kids wanted to run out and play in it, but I made them do school first - mostly to give me time to haul out the four VERY large bins of winter clothing items.  Most of the time, I don't notice the difference in having, say, three kids versus having eight, but times like this when I need to get out winter clothes, it becomes very obvious that we have a lot more bodies in our house than we used to.  Well, I haven' t the foggiest idea where we stored several of the pairs of boots.  Maybe there's a fifth bin somewhere in the storage room - hiding.  Our storage room is VERY full and rather dimly lit, so things hide in there quite well.  There apparently is a mouse hiding in there as well, since I found "evidence" of him the other day .

Anyway, I personally am hoping for a nice warm-up tomorrow with a steady wind to dry everything out, so I can get my leaves cleaned up.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.