Scones

Okay, I'm not English, but I really love scones! We had some for breakfast this morning and if you were here you would now be asking me for the recipe. How do I know this? Because every time I serve these particular scones, I get asked for the recipe. So, since you asked (or would have asked), here it is.

Scones
1 egg, beaten
Buttermilk
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbs. butter softened
1/2 cup craisins, currants or raisins (today I actually used dried blueberries -mmm)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Put egg into a 1 cup measuring cup and add enough buttermilk to make 1 cup.  In a different bowl combine next four ingredients.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  Add chips and raisins.  Add liquid and stir until just moistened.  Drop 1/2 cup at a time onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Makes 12 scones.  Bake at 400 deg. for 12-15 minutes.

Devonshire Cream (You HAVE to have it with the cream!)
3 oz. softened cream cheese
1 Tbs. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3-1/2 cup whipped cream

Beat the cream cheese and add the sugar and vanilla.  Beat well.  Beat in whipped cream.  Cover and chill 2 -24 hours.

If you make the cream tonight, you can, too, can have awesome scones in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Barb,I should have looked at your blog sooner in the day!Joyce had the itch to bake something.We settled on a sponge cake...I was going to put sponge cake the recipe on my blog today.I think we have some sort of brain wave connetion...great husbands,large families,adoption,Africa,blog subjects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food, Tina! That's the connection. We both love food :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.