My Sister Is Martha Stewart

Who knew?  Not I.  I've known my sister for 43 years and I always thought I was related to her, but now I am not so sure.  Here's what happened.  I show up to Thanksgiving dinner (at Mom & Dad's house) with the required bread/rolls and  salad.  My sister Deb shows up at Mom & Dad's house with all the material to make turkeys out of Oreos and candy corn, little muffin papers with nuts and candy corn, place cards to organize the seating, Turkey Bingo cards, veggies (asparagus wrapped in prosciutto , corn & brussel sprouts) and dessert (two pies with REAL whipped cream and frosted sugar cookies).  Hard to hold a candle to that! 

So, I have come to the conclusion that Deb is really Martha Stewart in disguise or maybe she's just channeling Martha.  It should be noted that she possesses only Martha's good qualities and Deb has never done jail time.  Since I have virtually NO creative talents (save blog writing) I'm not sure we are really related.

Here are the pictures to prove it (that Deb is Martha, not that Deb and I aren't related).







5 comments:

  1. OMG...are you twins?!?! At a glance, I totally thought that was you and that you dyed your hair blond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that looks really good! I wish we'd been there for it. Oh well, our thanksgiving was good too!
    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,Deb is Martha but so are you and your mom and your brother and siter-in-law,Nina and those anniversary meal helpers!It runs in your family.Your family dinner looked very fancy.I bet your mom even has all the fancy matching silverware and dinnerware.I am glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caryn,
    Okay, so I guess we are related! Deb is three years older than me, but looks three years younger :)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that your sister and Nina should team up with their amazing talents and open some kind of catering/party planning business!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.