Birthday Season

At our house, we have an entire season for birthdays.  No, this doesn't mean that any one particular birthday goes on for more than a day.  It means that between Sept. 2 and Dec. 15 all ten of our birthdays fall.  We have six in September alone (2,3,9,14,14,27).  Then there is a month long lull until Evan's (Oct. 28) followed closely by Raelea's (Nov. 5).  Another month break and along comes Marcus (Dec. 8) and lastly, one week later, Chris comes in on Dec. 15.

Because of this clustering of birthdays (followed so closely by Christmas) we have to spread our present shopping out over as long of period as possible.  I have been quite negligent in this area this past year and only have about three presents purchased already - until tonight that is...I LOVE shopping on-line because I can do it at 11:00 at night and they deliver it all to my door!  I still have a long way to go, but I feel like at least I have a start.  

Lest you think we give our kids a ton of presents, I will explain to you are present giving plan (we have a plan for almost everything).  Here it is:  From Mom & Dad every child gets three gifts: 1 -toy/game, 2 - clothing item and 3-personal development (hmm, that one sounds a little strange).  By personal development we mean something like a book or sheet music or perhaps a sword (that might be pushing it a little - don't get your hopes up Evan!!!), basically something other than a toy or clothing that has some PURPOSE besides just entertainment.  There you have it.  I can't post what I've already purchased since my kids read my blog (it's the only way the know what's going on in our family).

5 comments:

  1. I like your plan. I remember once with one of our first two children (affectionately dubbed our "experimental children"), I think it was Nikki, I had gotten several presents. The "main" one and some "extras" (barrettes, fancy socks, lip gloss, etc.) and made the mistake of wrapping each one. Then, as she was opening them up I made a worse mistake by saying something like, "Oh, look, 9 presents, one for each year!" Suddenly, without realizing it, I had inadvertently started a new "tradition." That new tradition was very short lived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for me there are several extra birthdays that fall within those dates -- Ian - 1/1, Joy - 10/31, Mine - 11/3, and Jim - 12/18!!! Maybe I will make it easy and give only one gift per person. What a great season!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Ooops, yes, that would be a poor tradition to start!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom,
    Don't tell Dad & the other girls, but fall birthdays are the best :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Barb!

    Fall birthdays are the best...mine is Oct 6!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.