Whole or Part

At church this morning, we were singing a song partly based on Psalm 86. One of the verses said, "I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart," This got me thinking, "Do I really give thanks to Him with my WHOLE heart?" Truthfully, I had to say no. I do give thanks to Him with much of my heart, but truthfully, I hold on to a piece of my heart where I grumble and complain if I don't like something, where I get dissatisfied when things aren't what I want or expect, where I murmur, "this or that could be better..."

My WHOLE heart. Wow, that's a tall order, but something I desire for myself, especially when I read further down in the Psalm and read this, "But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." SO, there you have it. God doesn't hold back any of his love or grace or mercy from me, yet I can be so stingy with my thankfulness. It just shouldn't be so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.