How Normal Am I?

Apparently, not very.  Here's a conversation I had with my mom today as we were discussing whether or not this blog accurately reflects me.  She assured me that, yes, it does - I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  Hmmm.  Anyway, I made the comment that I am kind of an eclectic  person.  She agreed and here is what followed.

Mom: Yes, you're not a normal stay-at-home housewife. (I'm not quite sure what that normal housewife looks like...)
Barb: No, I'm definitely not normal.  I'm not a normal engineer either.
Mom: I was having a conversation with my hairdresser about you yesterday (Okay, I need to find out more about this conversation some other time, anyway, back to the conversation at hand) and she said, 'Do you sometimes wonder how she got to be this way?'  To which I(Mom) said, 'Yes, she was a normal teenager.' (now, that part is debatable)
Barb: I was NOT a normal teenager.

Now some of you have assured me that I'm not all that weird, but all the people that are really close to me confirm (regularly) that I am, indeed, strange, weird, and not normal.  Don't worry this doesn't disturb me (now that's a little strange).  My husband doesn't think I'm too strange, but that's only because he's stranger than me (teehee).

Anyway, I suspect that most of my, shall we say, uniqueness is rather intangible, I thought I would try to quantify some of it.  Here's what I found:

13.8% of BS Engineering degrees were granted to women (that's not TOO unique)
2.2% of the population have an IQ at or above mine (That's more unique, but I don't put a lot of weight in those tests)
1.8% of the population has a family size of seven or more (so I guess we are somewhere less than 1.8% - that's getting more unique)
1.1% of the population has adopted (now that's unique and sad at the same time)

Do you know how hard it is to find the statistics you want on the internet?  Okay, just the fact that I spent time doing this is rather odd, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Barb,
    I think your blog reflects you as well.I can TOTALY picture you and Chris through your blog!The burp game in the park,all of it!
    I know you have a lot (even more than you share) of thoughts like your post on praising with your whole heart.
    This blog does reflect you and I do not think you are wierd at all!If you really were odd would that make me odd too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd's not the right word -- WONDERFUL is! :) But, in the case that the word "odd" is a descriptor you think fits, then I'd like to suggest that oddity fits you well.

    "Wonderfully Odd" -- that's my description of you. And, for that, MANY have been blessed! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim & Tina,
    Thanks for encouraging me in my, shall we say, uniqueness :)

    Love you guys!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is dangerous to have a conversation with you because it might show up in your blog. I may have to watch what I say. Oh, what the heck, I will just keep on saying whatever comes to my head. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom,
    Now I told you that it was going in the blog :) If I don't blog about conversations, what else am I going to blog about? Oh, Yeah, the animals...

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could blog about my weirdness! Like the time we were doing a science experiment, and the book says, "There is now no oxygen in the bowl of fumes." And I said, "Really???!!!!" And stuck my face in, inhaling deeply. And came out coughing horrifically.

    That was fun. It also explains a lot. Like all the Scotland stuff. And my hair.

    Cheers, 'cause I'm still hijacking,
    Evan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.