One Week From Today

In just a week, Nina, Molly & I will be heading up north to the Quetico with my mom and two other women for some wilderness canoeing and camping.  Quetico  is the Canadian version of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.  The Quetico is a slightly larger area and slightly more rustic (no boxes in the woods, for those of you who know what that means :)  )  

The 10 Things I Love About Quetico

1. No phones, TV, radio.
2. You don't have to put on make-up and there are no mirrors.
3. No computer (so I guess that means no blog posts).
4. No cars, trains, plane, automobiles or even motorboats.
5. Nothing is done on a time schedule.
6. Watching the cute little critters trying to get into our food.
7. The food is simple, but tastes so good after a day of paddling.
8. Uninterrupted time with my daughters and mom.
9. Hearing the loons at night and in the morning.
10. Going to bed physically exhausted but emotionally refreshed.

Of course, there are a few things I don't like about the wilderness.

The 3 Things I Don't Like About the Quetico

1. The biting flies.
2. The mosquitoes.
3. Bears.  I'm scared of bears.  I hope we don't see any.

Okay, here's a picture from our trip last year.

2 comments:

  1. Barb,sounds very fun.I like that you do so man fun things with your mom and girls.PS Nina, Joyce LOVED the neckless you made her!Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the picture of last years trip. It put me in the mood for going again. And I agree with your lists, the positives outnumber the negatives. Although the black flies can be so numerous that they might constitute several negatives. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.