Book Recommendation

Never before have I recommended a book before finishing it, but there's a first time for everything.  So without further adieu, I recommend to you The Count of Monte Cristo, the classic by Alexandre Dumas.  I''m not very far into it yet, but already I can't put it down.  Chris & Evan both assured me that it was one of the best books EVER.  I think they were right.

It's not a short book, but it's not terribly difficult either.  So, if you're looking for a good book to curl up with on the cold winter nights, this would be it.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed; The People of the Book, The Red Tent, The Poisonwood Bible, Animal Dreams, The Speckled People, The Five People you Meet in Heaven, and Roots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks for the recommendations :-). I haven't read any of those yet. I did read a different book by the author of the Red Tent which I really enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very fond memories of the Count from high school. Glad you are enjoying it! I'm reading a neat book called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" the format is people's letters to one another just after WWII. It might be a nice change of pace type of book. Light reading for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, as always, I hold your recommendations in high esteem.

    Have a superior Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.