Pencils

Where, oh, where have all our pencils gone???

Okay, every school day starts as follows. " I can't find my pencil "(uttering by any number of forlorn looking children).

To which I reply, "If you put it in your drawer when you are done with it, it will be there for you tomorrow."

To which I get the following response, every time and without fail. "I did put it in my drawer!!! Someone took it!!!"

Hmm. Interesting. As intriguing as it would be to have a pencil thief around here, I'm not buying it. Actually, I am buying it - pencils that is - lots and lots of pencils. Now I know, I should make them suffer in some way for losing their pencils, but somehow I don't think, "Well, you just can't do school today, " is going to produce the desired effect, if you know what I mean.

Somewhere in the depths of our house (probably under every piece of furniture) there are pencils! Scores and scores of pencils. Hey, maybe that is what Blackberry eats when he escapes from his cage! For now, I think I will buy them all pencils for their stockings...

6 comments:

  1. Barb! I am glad we're not the only ones who "misplace" our pencils! BTW, a friend of mine from high school who reads my blog now reads yours, too, and thinks you are "a riot!" I'd agree! In a good way, of course!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same thief has been visiting our house, but they steal socks instead! But not pairs...just one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this is great! We have the SAME problem here. Erasers are equally difficult to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,
    Ah, yes, the missing eraser problem. We have that too. Probably because they are usually attached to the pencils :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pencils and erasers are still disappearing at my house and the kids are all off at college!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.