Close Encounters

of the furry kind.

So, I'm here making candied pecans (they're good for you, really) and washing dishes (that's not so good for you, unless you ask my mother).  Anyway, a couple of important things you need to know before I continue this story : the sink is between the oven and the dishwasher, the oven is on (about now, some of you know where this story is going).

Anyway, back to washing dishes.  Here I was blissfully washing dishes when what should I feel, but something small and squirmy on my feet.  Hmm.  What do you think that could be?  Well, I look down and who should be looking up at me but our new boarder (the small furry type with a tail).  The poor little guy was so confused by his path from the oven to the dishwasher being blocked, he didn't know what to do.  We smiled at each other for a moment and then he scurried around my other foot and bolted for his second home under our dishwasher.  All of this wouldn't have caused me much trauma except for a story that my mom tells about when  a scared mouse ran up her pants' leg...

Strangely, I never see him go from the dishwasher to the oven, only the other way around.  Apparently it's a one-way street.

Now some of you are asking, why haven't they gotten rid of that little guy yet.  Well, I'm kind of growing fond of him...JUST KIDDING!   We just haven't gotten to the store yet to get a trap.  Now that I've met the guy, I don't think I will be doing the dispensing of his dead body though.

5 comments:

  1. Barb, You still remember the story of the mouse running up my leg. And it was all after I had saved him from a cat!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,

    You are one calm cookie! I would have been on top of the counters! I hope you're not thinking of using a sticky trap...those snap kind are so much more efficient. I'm sure you'll keep us all posted on the demise of the little critter soon!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope you are going to use the sticky traps because they work fast and effectively, the downside is that sometimes they are still alive when you find them and I have a hard time disposing of a mouse that is looking at me with such cute little beady eyes!!!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica,
    I actually like the furry little critters. I just don't particularly care to live with them in my kitchen.

    No sticky traps here. We've done those in the past and I think they are so cruel! Snap traps are the way to go.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami,
    No can do the sticky ones. I've seen too many live mice stuck on them - poor things :( Snap and it's over before they know what hit them - that's my preferred method - that or poison...

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.