A Christmas Poem

'
Twas ten nights before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care
Because Mom & Dad had hung them there.
When out in the living room there arose such a clatter,
Chris sprang from his bed to see what was a matter.
And there all across the living room floor
Was the Christmas tree, not upright anymore
1:24 AM, Dec. 15
A moment that will be forever etched in my mind.
I'll remember my whole life what I was doing when I heard the terrible crash.
I was sleeping!
Actually, I was sleeping and having a very strange dream about my friend Tami and OJ Simpson at Target (don't ask).
Anyway, we put the tree back up, re-hung the ornaments, re-filled the water in the base, warmed up our corn bags and crawled back in bed.  Aside from two ornaments being broken we weren't too much worse for the wear!


6 comments:

  1. Do you know why it fell?? Ours fell once when Mittens tried to climb it. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the corn bags on Saturday. I was asked at Fleet Farm, "Is this bag of corn for farm use?" It's one question I never imagined I'd hear. The kids love them and I had some extra fabric for bean bags. Thanks, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh, the answer to my kids' question -- why can't we have the REALLY big tree?

    "Do you have any idea how many trees I've picked up off the floor??"

    We actually have eyelets screwed into the wall now to hold up any "extra large" trees -- and we do have an extra heavy duty stand now that seems to do the trick -- but I do shy away from those really big trees.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday, Chris. And happy birthday "holiday" to you, Barb. Enjoy the next several months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Jen!!! Did you make bags for yourself and Jon as well? Chris and I each get two - one for col hands and one for cold feet :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean,
    Our problem isn't usually too large of trees, it's tree with trunks that aren't straight, so if the angel wants to sit straight on the top of the tree you run the risk of tree-on-floor syndrome.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom,
    We can't blame it on Blackberry as he was in his cage this morning. Snickers wouldn't get up in the middle of the night for something so insignificant as investigating a tree either.

    We don't know what happened...

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.