Let's Play Pick-A-Pile

I was out on a friend's blog the other day and she had a post called Pick-A-Pile. Here's how it's done. You take a picture of a pile of stuff in your house and post it on your blog. Then, when you have cleaned up that surface, you take an after picture to show how nice it looks. Now, on this friends post she picked a pile that had, like, five items in it. That is NOT a pile (as you will soon see). I know a pile when I see one, and I see one about everywhere I turn around here :)

It would be nice to blame all my piles on my eight kids or my husband, for that matter, but I had piles long before any of them came into my life, as my sisters and mother can attest to. This is going to be a humbling game for me - letting the whole world see my piles, but hopefully some of them will soon be gone.

The first pile we will tackle is Chris' dresser. I told Chris that I would let you all know that 90% of the stuff on his dresser is NOT his. It is just a convenient (large) flat space that is not seen by everyone that walks in our door. Okay, here it is...
Check back later today (hopefully) to see the after picture.

OOOh, bonus! You can see another pile in the reflection in the mirror (on the nightstand). Now I have to clean up two piles!

Okay, here it is, the finished product.....drum roll please....

4 comments:

  1. Barb.I'm waiting for the 'after' picture!Actually,your pile isn't bad at all.I do not see a pile reflected in the mirror so you are off the hook with needing to clean a second pile!
    I also really enjoy your detailed posts.I love reading the ins-and-outs of your days.
    A request I have (or a few actually)would be how your school days work,what you use to teach,and things like meals,chores,etc...I wish I could pick your brain about many things!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny, Barb, about the 'bonus'! :)

    I've read about the 'Pick a Pile', too. Mine would be called 'Pick a Mountain'.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One important thing to remember about the "Pick a Pile Game" is that it is a game. As soon as guilt or duty enter it is no longer a game, but becomes a chore which is no fun. This explains why you will not be seeing photos of my dresser. It also explains why there are several "Before" photos that I have taken that I do not have "After" photos for.

    I like to pick small piles that can be dealt with in a few minutes and zoom in on them in the photo so the rest of the room can't be seen. This makes it more fun.

    Can't wait to see the after photo. I hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    It was fun! I'm not sure I would have finished the task if I hadn't posted the before picture though :) I'll have to think about which pile to attack next!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.