Ten Things You May Not Know About Me

Okay, Since my dear friend, Tina, tagged me a few days ago, I need to list ten facts or oddities about myself.

Here we go....

1) I almost joined the Marines when I graduated from high school. The only thing that stopped me was when we (the US) sent Marines into Granada at that same time. It occurred to me that I may actually get killed if I joined the Marines - ah, duh???

2) I don't spend money very easily. I call it thrifty, some call it a tightwad. Chris has to kick me out the door to go buy clothes for myself. I NEVER pay full price for clothes - EVER!

3) I have clothes from 1987 that I still wear.

4) I have old clothes of Tina's that she gave me in college and I still love to wear. This is particularly strange since Tina is about six inches shorter than me and many pound lighter. My dad refers to her as "Little Tina."

5) I secretly wish I was a ballerina or a figure skater, but I have the flexibility of an oak tree.

6) I got an F in my Fluid Dynamics class in college. When I retook the class I got an A, so on my transcript it says "A"

7) I know how to twirl a baton and I still go out in the yard and do it on occasion. Okay, that's really embarrassing!

8) My husband says I have obsessive compulsive "hoarding" habits (I think he's exaggerating!). Just because I have about 40 bread bags in my cupboard - you never know when you might need one of those things...

9) Before we left for Ethiopia, I was doing about 150 sit-ups four times a week. Since we have come home I have done a grand total of ZERO sit-ups.

10) I never babysat when I was a teenager - not once. I did de-tassel corn one summer and I delivered newspaper flyers for some little company and I worked and McDonald's for four years. At one point in college I had three jobs at one time and worked during my Psychology 1001 course. I only showed up to the class on test days.

Okay, now I get to tag people, but most of my friends and family don't have their own blogs. If you don't blog you can post your list in my comments or email me and I will post them here.

I tag my dear hubby, Evan, Nina, Molly, Kim F., Jean S., Mom, Dad, Maggie, Deb, Jim & Kathy. I know that's more than ten, but half of these people won't even do this :)

12 comments:

  1. Barb, I have always wanted to twirl the baton. Could you maybe show me how sometime??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say moms don't have to do situps. They get bending excercises bending down to give hugs to their wee ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list!You were so delicate in your wording about my size...I'm,well...bigger than I was in my college days.Remember those were the days no one could afford to eat much more that Ramen Noodles...the good old college food.Anyway,your a true friend!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure I'll do it!! I'm just happy you mentioned me!
    w/love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEVER would have guessed that YOU got an 'F' on a test, Barb!!! And you never babysat as a teen -- and look at you now! :) Thanks for tagging me (I guess :) ) .... my life's pretty lame, though -- I'll see what I can come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie,
    I knew you would do it! I can't wait to see your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kim, it wasn't just on a test it was on the entire class :)

    A different teacher the second time around made a world of difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trudy,
    I'll bring the baton next time we see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim,
    I can't wait to see your list :) I KNOW it will be entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are great Barb...you made me laugh...the whole clothes thing!!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb, You really don't expect your dad to make a list, do you????
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.