Hallelujah The Laundry's Done

Okay, so that may not seem like a big deal to you, but I have been doing laundry, more or less nonstop, since we arrived home on Friday night! After load upon load, my laundry basket is empty (okay, it was empty until everyone got ready for bed). Just one more way that life is returning to normal (as normal as it gets around here, which would seem rather bizarre to most people).

We are very, very thankful for so many things in the past few days. It is amazing the difference a couple days makes in the adjustment of these two new kids. They learn things so quickly and they really are just wonderful children. Our concerns over them being terrified of our dog never materialized. They are both relatively comfortable with Snickers - no freaking out and climbing Mom & Dad like beanpoles :) Zoe actually likes the dog and tries to pet her - just no where near her head - although Snickers did lick Zoe in the face today and that didn't even produce the least bit of hysteria.

We had our first trip out as a family tonight as we went to the library. It was a success; without any meltdowns or other side effects. Zoe & Marcus both submitted to seat-belts and car seats without the least bit of fussing or fighting. The only issue that arose was that both Marcus and Raelea wanted to push Zoe's stroller. They are both learning how to share!

Well since I know you all want pictures, I will try to post a few.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Barb!
    Great to see that your kids are adjusting well....especially with the dog!
    Thanks for the pictures, they sure do look happy.
    It was an amazing week together, your family is quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, As you are very well aware laundry will never be finished, even when the last one has left for college or to where ever GOD leads them. Just the other day, after I had put what I thought was the last article in the washer, lo and behold I come upstairs and find a washcloth my husband had used. Oh well, I believe in heaven, there will be no laundry. AMEN!!! But if I am wrong and there is I still want to be there anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, it sounds as if the entire family is adapting well. It was great to see the smiling faces of all the kids. I am so looking forward to meeting them.
    Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb,
    I am glad the laundry is done.I can really ubderstand! I love the picture.The kids look real healthy.I wanted to call today but thought I'd wait a little longer.Barb and her eight ducklings at the library.How fun!
    One of your faithful readers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.