Lift With Your Legs

Not with your back!

This is my public service announcement today.

A long, long time ago, when I was young and foolish, I didn't listen to this sage advice.  I was trying to move out of my dorm room, and instead of waiting for help, I decided to try to move a very heavy couch all by myself.  Bad idea.

Now, 27 years later, I am still occasionally plagued by pain from the injury I incurred while moving that couch.  It only happens about once a year now, but it can be quite random.  Unfortunately for me, today is the day the old injury has decided to flare up.  I am now reduced to walking around like a very old lady, shuffling around and asking people to bend over and pick things up for me.

This is even more unfortunate in that I have a 5K to run next weekend.

At least my chiropractor will be happy to see me again!

Lift with your legs, not with your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.