Here We Are

Twenty-two hours in the car is grueling, but once we get down here, we forget all that and just shift into relaxation mode!

Can I just say that I LOVE vacation!  Where else can I spend an hour doing a jigsaw puzzle or sit and listen to Nina and her grandpa discuss which guys are cute on Facebook. 


 Lack of sleep is making it difficult for me to put thoughts together, so here are some random thoughts on our trip down.

Let's see, maybe you'd like some highlights of the trip.  How about a quote? 

Raelea: "Mom, when I grow up I want to go to Iowa for spring break.  They have lots of farms there."

It seems like Iowa has the market on interesting museums.  We drove by the Grout Museum in Waterloo, IA.  Who knew there was a whole museum devoted to grout?  (okay, not really)  And then there's the Czech and Slovak Museum in Cedar Rapids, IA.

When it comes to interesting names for towns, Mississippi gets the prize.  Where else can you find a city called Buckatunna?

There are some wonderful things about being down south...like Chick-fil-A and Krispy Kreme.

Okay, I've exhausted my ability to think at this point, so I will just post a few pictures and then I'm going to bed, where I will fall asleep and then startle awake when I think that I've fallen asleep at the wheel of the car.

Nothing like enjoying our arrival with a few frappuccinos.

 Our house for the week


Lots of Mardi Gras beads

Molly relaxing :-)

Stay tuned!  I promise the next post will be more coherent!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Barb and family!
    Where are you anyway? I hope you have a great trip!
    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliette,
    We are in Gulf Shores, AL. My parents winter down here and so we come down and visit them :-). It's a nice break from winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb I'm jealous,! We have'nt
    been there since 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Rosie, come on down. Mom & Dad have lots of room (at least when we're not here).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.