I Should've Known

I should have guessed this would happen!

The verse I wrote down this morning was James 1:2-4.  This should've given me a clue as to what awaited me in the coming day....it says

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I'm slow!  That various trials thing....I just didn't get how various those trials would be!

So, here's how the first 2/3 of my day have gone...

Hubby is leaving town for work for a few days, that's sad :-(
Children woke up, that's good.
Children started bickering, that's bad.
Started the laundry, that's good.
The pile is about as tall as I am, that's bad.

Gimpy dog needs to be watched, so she doesn't slip and fall with her cute little sock on, this is time consuming.
Two children get in a squabble that requires intervention on my part...in the middle of teaching another child to read, this is really time consuming. 
The switch for the light in the bathroom breaks off....like completely gone, puzzling
Gimpy dog needs to go outside, and needs to be accompanied so she doesn't slip and fall; time consuming.
After reading lessons are done and children have been instructed, so much time has been consumed that school starts an hour late.

At 11:30 Molly needs to be driven to guitar lessons.
While on the way, children at home call to have me mediate a dispute. 
While brokering a peace agreement via the phone, I go on auto-pilot while driving and fail to think that maybe turning onto the guitar instructors very steep street is not such a good idea with the fresh snow and ice.
I get off the phone when I realize, there is NO way the behemoth rear-wheel drive van I drive is going to get back up the hill we have just driven down.
I send Molly into her lesson, while I try all the various options for getting a vehicle to move on a slippery slope, all to no avail.
I call hubby, who hasn't left the state yet, to "vent."
Hubby calls me back and says he is on the way to rescue me :-) , that's sweet!
Children at home call with "issues."
Hubby and I push and pull (with our Ridgeline) to get the van unstuck.

As I drive home I recount to Molly my verse for the day, and we work really hard on counting it all joy.

Aside from a child who is having a REALLY difficult day, things seem to have improved since I arrived home...but the day's not over yet, so more joy may be awaiting me :-)




2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.