Sad Night

For my oldie goldie blog readers, you know what this lovely flannel shirt means. For my newer readers, I will explain. We have a hamster by the name of Blackberry, but who has earned the name Houdini because of his numerous escapes. As a matter of fact, Blackberry escaped so many times that I had a little sidebar item in my blog. If the flannel shirt was on the sidebar that meant Blackberry was NOT in his cage (meaning he was hiding out somewhere in the walls of the house), if he was in the picture on the sidebar that meant he had been safely returned to his real home.

Sometimes, he would only show up in the pocket on the sidebar for a day before he was gone again exploring. We got good use out of that live animal trap we used to catch him.

Well, now you see the empty flannel shirt, but Blackberry is gone for good this time. Our sweet, good-natured little hamster passed away peacefully this evening. There are lots and lots of tears around here as we remember our funny and ever-so-smart Houdini.
We'll miss you, Blackberry!

2 comments:

  1. Barb,
    I'm sorry to read about Blackberry. I know how hard it is on kids to lose their pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to here about Blackberry. But I have some good news! I am giving you an award! So hop on over to get your award.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.