24 Years Old

When I got dressed this morning I pulled a sweatshirt out of my closet and realized that it was 24 years old! I think that makes it the oldest clothing item in my closet that I still wear. It predates my college degree, it predates my even knowing my husband let alone getting married.

When I received this sweater as a birthday gift from my sister, Kathy and her husband, Doug, I was a sophomore in college, working at registration at the University, taking such classes as dynamics, physics, calculus, etc. I was living in a corner dorm room with my best friend, Joan, enjoying the carefree days of college life. Studying physics at the Big 10 with my friend Lisa.

Wow, this sweater has been with me longer than most people (outside of my family).

So, all this reminiscing got me to wondering if any of my Facebook friends or blog buddies wear clothes that are that old or am I the only one. (It wouldn't be the first time)

4 comments:

  1. I have some sweatshirts that old that I am still wearing. They are still comfy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I know where I get this tendency to hang onto old clothes from :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have any clothes that old. I have a hair dryer that my dad gave me in '86 and a few stuffed animals,and MJ and Elvis records. That is about it. It would be fun to see a picture of your close to antique sweater.

    I do remember Joan and Lisa but it must have been a few years later that I met them. I even lived with them for a few months didn't I? I forget where that was.

    I am not sure carefree goes with physics and calculus,though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,
    Funny story here - a coupl of my other very old shirts used to be YOURS! You didn't want them anymore and I said I would take them and I still wear them to this day! You have such good/timeless fashion sense :-)

    Yes, you did live with Joan & Lisa (and my sister) on Superior Street - when you were in the basement :-)

    Gotta go deal with "issues"...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.