Jingles

So, sweet little Raelea is sitting at the breakfast table this morning and bursts into song. What song erupted from her four year old lips?

"Save big money at Menards."

Hmmm. I find this particularly interesting since we don't really watch TV - as in, not at all at home. Up until last weekend, we didn't even get any TV stations on our TV. How is it then that my four year old is running around today singing Menard's jingle? Well, we did have the TV on for a couple hours last night to watch the football game. Apparently, during that time a Menard's commercial came on and the jingle is so incredibly catchy that she picked up on it. Now it is her favorite song.

Disturbing. I guess those advertising execs know what they are doing. When I was a kid I would go around singing herbicide jingles - no lie! For whatever reason, in the late 70's or early 80's the herbicide people decided that the best way to sell their products was through a catchy jingle. I don't know if that strategy worked or not. I certainly knew the songs, but never, not once, did I run out and purchase some herbicide.

Now Dr. Pepper, that's a whole 'nother subject. I STILL go around singing the Dr. Pepper song AND I buy my fair share of it as well. It didn't hurt that I had a crush on the Dr. Pepper guy....

2 comments:

  1. I remember you singing the herbicide commercials. You may have been about Raelea's age at that time. We thought it was cute. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely older than Raelea, because I remember it. I think I was about 10.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.