More Shakespeare

Yesterday, Evan was quoting Shakespeare to me while I was driving him somewhere.  I had no idea my son could quote Shakespeare...

To be or not to be, that is the question;
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
- William Shakespeare (Hamlet)

I could do the first line, but he went on to complete the paragraph. 

Not only can Evan quote Shakespeare, he informed me that Macbeth is his favorite play.  Can you guess why?

5 comments:

  1. does it have anything to do with war or scotland?

    O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
    Deny thy father and refuse thy name.
    Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
    And I'll no longer be a Capulet.
    -Romeo and Juliet Act 2 Scene 2.

    There's a longer speech but that's all I have memorized. lol
    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently all 15 year olds memorize Shakespeare these days! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. High School english class... didn't quite have a choice...
    ohh!

    A gloomy peace this morning with it brings
    The sun for sorrow will not show his head
    go hence to have more talk of these sad things
    so shall be pardoned and some punished
    for never was there a story of more woe
    than this of Juliet and her Romeo

    lol
    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen & Maggie,
    Very good job! Yes, it's about Scotland and Scottish folks and, they're killing each other which just adds to Evan's interest in the subject :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.