I Was Wrong

It is never my purpose to intentionally mislead my blog reading family, so I must make a correction to a previous blog.  I stated that no other nationality has a holiday like the Irish do in St. Patrick's Day.  Well, you can imagine my chagrin when I discovered (as in today discovered) that the Scottish here in the US have Tartan Day on April 6.  It's not on my vet clinic calendar on my wall, but I did see it in a magazine today and verified it on the ever reliable internet.

Now, for those of you that are thinking, "She's a little slow on the uptake, since her son is playing at a Tartan Day event on Saturday and she didn't figure this out until today..."  Here's the deal, I thought it was some sort of MN thing, you know, some sort of holiday that the Scottish in MN just thought up to kill some time and to wear their kilts.  Apparently not!  It is a national holiday (as of 2005).

So, my apologies to all.  Who knows what other obscure national holidays I'm missing out on.

3 comments:

  1. Barb,
    Grandpa Ted says the Finnish have their day. It is the day before St. Patrick's Day. It is called St. Urho's Day. It commemorates St. Urho driving out the grasshoppers from Finland. They wear purple on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that if Tartan day was created by Scottish Minnesotans as an excuse to wear their kilts, it would have been in August, not April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Jen, that's where you're wrong. Those Scottish folks are a hardy bunch! The MN Scottish have their Scottish Ramble in Feb. because "nothing's cooler than kilts in February." I think they like the cool breeze...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.