Now For Something Completely Different

My string of books lately has been interesting. The depressing thread started with Cold Mountain (which was strange and depressing - sorry, Jen), continued with Cry, the Beloved Country (which I loved, but sobbed through) and ended with A Brave New World (which was just plain weird and depressing, and I don't recommend). So, I moved on to a nonfiction book called No Ordinary Child. That one I could write a whole dissertation on, but I won't. I've never made so many notes in a book - mostly disagreeing with certain points in the book.

Anyway, I've decided to move on to something completely different - Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian. I figure a good seafaring story should cheer me up nicely. Evan assures me that it's funny, but he won 't let me start reading it until he's done with it :(

As a side note - isn't it cool that I learned how to underline? HTML is kind of like learning a foreign language!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.