Mutiny

I thought I was going to have a mutiny on my hands today when I announced that we were having lentil burgers for dinner! You'd think I'd told them we were going to eat earthworms or something. Several children immediately declared that they would rather skip dinner altogether. When I told them they had to eat at least one bite the responses were:

"Can I just smell it?"
"Do I actually have to swallow it, too?"
"Can I just lick it?"
(In case you can't figure it out the answer were, "No," "Yes," and "No."

So, I cook and chop and mix and form and fry and, lo and behold, lentil burgers! And do you know what, they got a thumbs up from Chris. This, in and of itself is quite amazing. This is the same Chris who told me early on in our marriage that "It isn't a meal if it doesn't have meat!"

Several of the children approved of it as well! Now you know lentil burgers are not nearly as revolting as they sound :) Now don't everyone beat a path to my blog looking for the recipe...I know you all want to make these for your family right away!

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly agree with the kids as of a couple of years ago. Then I actually TRIED lentils. I have a great soup recipe that uses bacon, need I say more? So, now I am no longer grossed out by the name Lentil. So, I DO want to try the lentil burgers.

    A couple of years ago, I bought Anna a cook book for her birthday. One of the recipes she wanted to try was Turkey Burgers. I was completely prepared to have to chuck it all after a few bites. Instead, the kids kept asking for more! It's so refreshing that they don't come wired with all my hangups about food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of hangups...do your kids have the same difficulty with sour cream that Chris does?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I've been making more veggie dinners myself. You would think I was feeding them dirt based on their reactions! Of course they usually admit to dinner being "better than they thought".

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, check out this post by my sis-in-law, who is close to vegetarian.

    http://arthurfamilynews.blogspot.com/2009/02/foodie-friday-vegan-adventures.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.