Chris and Sour Cream

My friend Linda insists that I tell the sour cream story about Chris. It really isn't too interesting, but here it goes.

Chris is a picky eater. He doesn't like many food items that make eating enjoyable. Some of the important items on the "Chris doesn't like it" list are onions (HOW can someone NOT like onions? They are like a staple in almost everything!), green peppers (this one I can understand more, I love them, but the do have a pretty strong presence), almost all uncooked vegetables (!), and of course, sour cream.

His dislike of sour cream goes way beyond, just not liking it though. He doesn't even want it on the table with him. Chris & I sit at opposite ends of a long table (it has to seat 10 - obviously) and he doesn't even like it when I have it down on my end. And, well, I can just about forget an after dinner kiss if I've eaten the stuff. I can' t even eat sour cream and chive potato chips in the same room as him.

Anyway, this sour cream-phobia goes back to his childhood. Apparently, someone (probably a brother - they're always the guilty party) once gave Chris some sour cream and told him it was whipped cream. Chris, being a trusting soul (and perhaps not too observant), took a really big bite of the stuff...and promptly threw up. And there you have it.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think that's funny at all! Do you always pick on people's weaknesses? (sniff-sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only pick on those I love! And btw, what are you doing reading my blog at work??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris's eating habits have improved. When making mashed potatoes I used to substitute plain yogurt for sour cream so Chris would eat them. Now I make them with sour cream and he still eats them. Love you see you soon, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad story. I don't know what is worse, being tricked by a trusted "probably brother" or not fully appreciating the delight of dipping a potato chip into a tub of sour cream. I don't even bother with the onion soup anymore--or the flavored chips, but simply dip the chip in the vat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were eating at your house, and you were having sour cream, I would share the end of the table with Chris.

    Tim Forsythe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.