And So It Begins

Evan took the PLAN test a few months ago.  The PLAN test is to the ACT what the PSAT is to the SAT (are you following this?).  Anyway, his results came back about two weeks ago.  I warned him that when his results came in he would start getting info on colleges in the mail - lots of info on colleges.  Well, apparently mail is quite passé.  Colleges now send e-mails to prospective students - you can tell it's been a LONG time since I was recruited for a college.  Evan started receiving advertisements for colleges at the beginning of this week.  Today, alone, he received about six of them.  This is all very interesting considering that he is only in the 10th grade and it will be a few years before he can even consider most of these schools.  To think, he's email box will be full for the next two years!

Some of the schools he's received info on so far are:Washington University (no, Aunt Kathy, he won't be going there), Washington & Lee University, Emory University, Calvin College, Knox College, Illinois Wesleyan, Baylor (Yeah, Waco), DePauw, and Colgate University (maybe they offer scholarships who brush their teeth a lot?)

I'm waiting for the emails from MIT and Stanford - the two place I considered before choosing to stay close to home at the U of MN.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah Evan! I'm hoping for Stanford, then we'll get to see you guys again and maybe Evan will consider babysitting. :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, colleges are really starting early. However, you did not take the PSAT until your junior year and then you started getting a lot of mail. Do you know how well Evan did on his PLAN? I assume it was great!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin,
    Hi there! It will be a few years - but we'll keep you posted. i just don't think Evan is a California sort of guy. Strangely, he LIKES the bitter cold of MN.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom,
    He needed to take some sort of standardized college entrance test to get into the PSEO program in the fall. Yes, he did well, especially considering he is only in 10th grade.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it should go without saying that I vote for Baylor. I hear they love homeschoolers nowadays! I miss y'all! We have some "stuff" coming your way via snail mail soon. How weird to get emails from prospective colleges instead of actual envelopes with colorful brochures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay,
    I have to say, when I saw the email from Baylor I thought of all of you down there. Wouldn't it be fun to have Evan in Waco?

    Let's talk soon. I wold love to catch up on how y'all are doing.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. My truest desire is that our boys turn out like Evan. Praise the Lord! (Of course, that means we need to be AWESOME like Chris and Barb!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,
    Yes, Evan is a wonderful young man, but rest assured it has nothing to do with Chris or I being awesome (because we're not). Trust me, it is entirely God's grace in Evan's life and our family :)

    Keep pressing on for Him and I am sure your boys will be absolute joys when they reach teenagerhood.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.