It's A Work Of Art

It used to be just a driveway, now it is a work of art :-)

We had our new driveway laid this past weekend, and it is lovely.  We are so, so happy with it! Rod and crew did an outstanding job and it's amazing how much they can get done in one day.

Aside from being beautiful, the thing I appreciate most about our new driveway is that we can get all three vehicles in it AND actually open the doors of the cars to get in and out of them!  This is a huge improvement over our old driveway, which was so narrow you couldn't open the car doors if you parked two cars next to each other.

I don't have a finished picture of the driveway yet, but I can show you some pictures of the work in progress...

You can't really see the color of the stones in these pictures because they haven't been hosed off yet.  They are still covered with the sand that you sweep all over it to fill in the cracks.
This is my new patio area :-D  Now I need to see if I can still find some furniture on clearance.  I might have to wait until next year, as I think all the patio furniture has been replaced by snow shovels and sleds.
This was a family affair.  Some of our kids pitched in to help and several of Rod's kids (he has 9) also put on their gloves to work.  Not only did we get a new driveway, we had a very enjoyable time with everyone.

I'll try to get a picture of the finished product soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.