Book Review

Since I'm on vacation this week, I actually have time to read a book...in its entirety....in only a few days!  I love vacation!

My first book for this vacation was Manalive by G.K.Chesterton.  It was...interesting.  Thought-provoking.   Strange, in an interesting and though-provoking sort of way.  Chesterton was an amazing author and thinker.  In this fictional book, he manages to bring forth thoughts, ideas and convictions about how we live our lives (or should live our lives) all under the pretext of a made-up story.  Pretty much, the whole of the book can be summed up in one quote from it-

"His principle can be quite simply stated: he refuses to die while he is still alive."

 I'm really not going to share much more about the book, except to encourage you to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.