She Got It Right

I was at the YMCA with some of my kids this past week, and while we were playing in the pool I started talking to a young girl.  She was curious about our family and upon finding out that Marcus, Raelea and Zoe were all my kids, she asked a bunch of questions about adoption.  Apparently they had just talked about adoption at school that day, so she was excited to actually meet someone who had adopted. 

Anyway, when she found out we had adopted six kids she said, "You are so lucky!"

Out of all the people I've talked to about adoption, she is the first one who got it right!  Virtually every other person who hears about our adoptions says, "Those kids are so lucky!"

This ten year old girl got it right.  Although I would use the word blessed instead of lucky, she realized immediately that it was not the kids who got the best end of the adoption deal, it was the parents.  I wish I knew who her teacher was because obviously he/she did a great job of explaining the wonderful things about adoption to her class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.