- Being able to use the bathroom without several little people standing outside the door asking for help with one thing or another. (yes, this does make the top of the list)
- Being able to spend 14 hours in the car with a couple of the finest ladies in the world! I love my friends!! More about them in a future post,
- Being able to spend 14 hours in a car with two wonderful teenagers.
- Spending hours sitting in line on the sidewalks of Kansas City with above people AND my wonderful oldest sister and niece! (More about them in a future post, as well.)
- Holding only adult conversation for three days!!!
- Sweating. Since we haven't had a lot of opportunity to do that here in MN this year.
- The open road! I love road trips!
- Spending three days being just Barb, not Mom. Don't get me wrong on this one, I LOVE being a mom, but it isn't often that I get to just be ME. Being mom requires extreme amounts of responsibility, sometimes I don't want to be responsible for anyone but myself.
- Spending six hours sitting on the sidewalk of Kansas City discussing the meaning of Mumford & Sons songs.
- Not being responsible for making sure that eight kids eat three balanced meals a day.
- Being able to jump up and down at a concert for two hours and singing along with my favorite songs.
- Last (for this list), but certainly not least, hearing this song...
"In these bodies we will live and in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life."