It Can Snow Now

Eleven months out of the year I love my yard.  It's big and it has a lot of really big, mature trees.  It borders on a park with lots of really big, mature trees - very pretty.  But then there's that one month...October...when all those really big, mature trees decide to go naked and drop their clothes all over the ground, not unlike several children in this house. (the dropping their clothes on the ground, not the going naked part)

We spent several hours yesterday picking up the attire of the many really big, mature trees.  Now that the yard is free of leaves, I'm okay with the snow arriving, which isn't likely this week since it's supposed to be in the upper 50's.  I'll take that too.  I can sit out in my yard and look at the bare grass and smile :-)

I would like to publicly thank my oak trees, I think there are four of them, for shedding their leaves in such a timely manner this year.  Usually they are some of the last trees to get naked, but not this year.  Perhaps they were hot when the temps rose  a few weeks ago.

There is one little problem though.  We have one very modest tree that is still clinging to her clothing.  As a matter of fact, last time I checked, it was still green, too!  You know what that means?  It means that as soon as that first snow falls, my dear tree will decide it is the perfect time to strip and I will have soggy, yucky leaves to clean up in the spring.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.