Happy Birthday, Evan!

Here's another thing that happens every year - Evan's birthday!

Seventeen years ago today Evan entered the world, and our lives have never been the same.  Actually, those first few days after bringing Evan home our primary thought was, "What have we done!"  Let's just say adjusting to parenthood took a little time.  After that initial week or so though, Evan has been a tremendous joy to have as a son.

I have to say though, that I have cried many tears over this boy in the last year.  No, he hasn't been a problem child, it's just that he is growing up and soon, very soon, he will be off to college.  It's an adjustment to me to have to "let go" of my firstborn.  I immensely proud of him, but it's hard on my heart to let him go.

Evan, we love you so much and we are so proud of the fine, godly young man you have become.  Have an outstanding birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Evan! And I am on the same journey as a mother Barb. My firstborn son (he is 16) just got accepted to college for next fall, is getting his drivers license in 2 weeks (hopefully!), and watching him grow up and spread his wings brings me great joy, but also that ache in my heart because I so miss that little boy that he was. Bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.