Déjà vu

It happened again! I was making muffins this morning and talking to my hubby about meals served on trans-Atlantic flights when suddenly, Chris, with grave concern on his face, gently pushed me aside while staring past me. For a moment I thought maybe a masked intruder had suddenly appeared in our kitchen, or more likely, a giant spider was making its way towards us. Alas, neither was true. The actual cause of his startled and somewhat frightened look was.....

wait for it....


a mouse!

Apparently a new mouse has taken up residence under my oven. Those of you that followed our mice sage last year know that that means that every time I preheat my oven the little critter will be bounding across the kitchen floor to seek refuge under the dishwasher. Ah, the joys of rodents. I think I'll write a book by that title :-)

Stay tuned, I'm sure this isn't the last you will hear about this critter.

6 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing, but Chris is against it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, Isn't there a picture somewhere of one of your girls doing dishes on a chair because she was afraid of the mouse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean,
    Good memory!! Yes, I think there was one of Nina doing dishes on a chair last year. I haven't told her yet that we have a new guest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really sneaky wife might go out and get a cat while I'm in India. But I'm sure you'd never do anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb,
    Good plan. And I'm with Chris on the cat.

    And my dh has declared your pasta with chicken and spicy cream sauce one of his favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.