Whatever Happened To...

Pick-A-Pile. Surely my long-time blog readers remember pick-a-pile, where I would humiliate myself by posting a picture of a messy surface in my house and then clean it up and show off the nice clean surface. If you missed this fun and exciting blog feature, feel free to click on the link above and relive the excitement.

Now, because of the absence of pick-a-pile posts in the last year, I am sure some of you erroneously came to the conclusion that there were no more piles at our house to pick up. Ha! Sorry to disappoint you, indeed, there are still piles around here. Actually, there are so many piles that instead of resurrecting pick-a-pile I've renamed it "Pick-A-Room".

So, here we have the very first "Pick-A Room" post. Hopefully, soon to be followed by many more, as there are many rooms that could use some picking up :-) Today's room of choice was....my bedroom.

The stuff on the bed was actually on the dresser just a few minutes before the picture, I just didn't want to put it back for the sake of the photo. That would be too much like going backwards instead of making progress.
Chris' dresser - with mostly my stuff on it.
My dresser - with mostly my stuff on it.
Now, prepare yourselves. This is going to be truly amazing...oh, just ignore that stuff on the floor, really I'll take care of it tomorrow...or the day after that...it's going to the thrift store.
Look, Mom, the drawers actually shut. I've learned a thing or two since I moved out. Apparently I am stockpiling perfume though...
Here again, don't look at the floor...things tend to collect under end tables at my house...****Disclaimer****My husband is officially mortified that I post pictures of our cluttered home on the internet. He had nothing to do with this post or the mess depicted herein. He is the neat one of the family and any items in these images that look like they belong to him are merely figments of your imagination.*****

4 comments:

  1. Good job! Chris why do you have the bigger dresser and you get the mirror too! What a good wife you have! I am a little too lazy to clean my room. Actually, it is too overwhelming for me. I usualy bribe a thirsty kid to do it with a can of pop.It works really well if I make the offer after they just come in from running around the house for gym. Sometimes they will even settle for a half gone warm flat pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    Truth be told, I have some clothes in his dresser as well :-)

    I like the bribe-the-kids idea. I'll have to try that next time. All my helpers today were the 5 and under crowd, which really wasn't much help, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess I will not get you any AnaisAnais for your Christmas stocking this year!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, Yes, a couple people got it for me last Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.