Poor Puppy

I'm sure you can teach an old dog new tricks, but our old dog doesn't really WANT to learn new tricks :-(

We just installed an invisible fence for Snickers. She is a very good dog and stayed in the yard 90% of the time, but during that other 10% she apparently scared a woman who uses the park. Said woman is afraid of dogs and Snickers barked at her and scared her, SO no more wandering back to the park for Snick Snack. Unfortunately, we have such a timid dog that, now that she has been shocked a few times by the "fence", she is afraid to even GO outside. Hmm, this is NOT working well.

Actually, she was even afraid of me for awhile today since I am the one who accompanied her outside today when she got shocked. Made me cry - really, it did, just ask my son. So now, I need to spend time each day showing the dog that is safe to play outside - just away from the edge of the yard.

Anyway, I'm hoping that dear Snickey catches on quickly, because I don't know how much more of this I can take.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.