To Blog or Not To Blog

That is the question.  No, I'm not going to give up The Zoo, don't worry.  I'm pondering whether to start another blog to discuss current events/news stories.  You see, I have all sorts of opinions on "things".  I expound at great length to my patient husband on those "things", but I don't blog about them because that is NOT what this blog is about.  If I started a second blog, only those of you that wanted to "get into a discussion" about current news would go there and the rest of you could stay here.

I am my father's daughter and I love a good debate and I'm kind of itching for a blog where I can get into some of those good debates.  Not a name-calling, "what an idiotic idea" sort of debate, but a productive one where we could really discuss issues.

So what do you think, to blog or not to blog?

6 comments:

  1. Go for it. It's for all for you anyway. If you have an itch. Scratch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me! I am all for reading another blog, Barb! I do not have many focused opinions or at least do not have the comunication skills to express the opinions I have well. It would be fun to read your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd read it and contribute. I usually enjoy stuff like that. I deal with the same thoughts with my blog. What is my blog purpose? Who is reading my blog? Christians/non-christians? Do I keep it fun, happy, and filled with nice pictures or use it as a public journal with deep thoughts out there for comments? I have really enjoyed blogging and reading blogs in my limited spare time. If nothing else, at least it's theraputic for me to type out my thoughts, even if no one actually cares to read them! :) If the Lord uses my blog to encourage some one or open the door for some one to encourage me, great! At the very least it's a way to keep friends and family informed about our life and see recent pictures of Addie. Anyways, yes, I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda,
    I totally understand your blogging dilemmas :) It's therapeutic for me to blog as well - it clears all those random thoughts out of my brain to make room for other random thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be interesting. I can see myself reading but not commenting too much. So often, debates get nasty (though I see that's not your hope for yours!). Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.