Molly Wins

Not soccer this time. This week she won - Most Trips to the ER for our family award. For all eight children combined we have made a total of five visits to the ER; two were for Evan and three, as of last night, were for Molly! What's with that? You would think Aidan would be in there somewhere!

So why, you might ask, was Molly in the ER last night? While I was grocery shopping, Chris called me and told me that he was taking her in because she was having really severe stomach pains. He felt like it would be best to get it checked out, so off they went. The long and short of it is that everything appears to be fine - "come back if it gets worse or moves to the lower right side."

Personally, I was relieved that it wasn't related to the maple seeds she was eating earlier in the day (you know, the helicopter ones). Well, as I found out last night, maple seeds are edible, both raw and cooked. Who knew? Why was Molly eating maple seeds? I haven't the foggiest idea. Maybe she didn't have enough to eat for lunch.

For you curious types the other four ER visits consist of the following events:
Evan - severe back pain - thought he might have a kidney infection
Evan- broke his leg playing basketball with Dad
Molly - I thought she swallowed a coin - after about three hours in the ER with all the kids (the twins were one at the time) I remembered that I had given her a chewable vitamin C and that is what she had gagged upon
Molly - stitches on her forehead when she slipped on the dock frame last fall

There you have it. Personally, I think we're doing pretty good considering the number of kiddos that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.