Leaving Again?

Sorry for the scarcity of posts this week, having been gone all last weekend and preparing to leave again this weekend has left me with little time for blogging. How sad is that?

Let's see, what have I done this week? Hmm, lots of laundry which I was able to hang out on the clothes lines due to some really stiff winds (so strong that they were blowing the clothes across the yard). It's testing time here, too. MN state law requires annual standardized testing of homeschooled children, so I had the pleasure of administering the Iowa Basics Test to four of my children and one of their friends. Glad that's over for another year...

But mostly, I spent the week preparing for our coming weekend of camping :) We leave tomorrow afternoon and will be gone until Monday. Have I told you lately that I LOVE camping - truly, I do. We are going up to the North Shore (Lake Superior for you non-Minnesotans). The weather is going to be a little chilly (low of 39 a couple nights), but it's supposed to be sunny and the highs are in the low to mid-60's. This is our second year of group camping with a group of friends where kids WAY outnumber adults. Wait until you see the pictures. This year I think there will be 12 adults and 36 kids - I can't wait. It should be a thoroughly entertaining time.

Hope you have a great weekend and don't forget to remember all the men and women who have fought and died and those who continue to fight and die for our freedom. Have a great Memorial Day!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun!! And BTW, everyone LOVED the chicken pasta dish!! Thank YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, did you post the recipe for the honey brushed chicken thighs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean,
    OOPS! I'll try to post it today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.