Back!

I am home again with all my little munchkins after a restful and relaxing weekend away with my dear hubby. What was supposed to be a weekend of biking and relaxing turned into a weekend of eating chocolate and relaxing due to the inclement weather on Saturday. (cold and very windy) We made a whirlwind tour of all the good chocolate dealers in the Mississippi River valley surrounding Lake City. Who knew there were so many people selling gourmet chocolates in places such as Wabasha and Lake City?

I discovered two things about myself during this weekend away:
1) I don't sleep very well in strange houses when I'm not with my children. I'm not sure if it was the different house/bed or the being away from my kids, but I had two pretty lousy night sleeps.

2) When I am at home taking care of life and kids, etc. that occupies all of my brain's thinking capacity; therefore, I am more or less unable to have a creative thought even if my life depended on it. When I am away from all of my normal responsibilities my capacity for thinking about other things GREATLY increases. I really enjoyed being able to ponder things besides: what's for breakfast, lunch or dinner and how am I going to get all the laundry done :)

A special and huge THANK YOU to Dan & Lori for watching our gang. Just to give you an idea of what they were dealing with all weekend her is a picture of them with all our kids and their kids.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Chris and Barb! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very kind friends you have!What a crowd. I am impressed they have enough cups and silverware for all the kids. Glad you are home safe. Any big family altering decisions made this weekend? Have a good week.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.