Why No Post Yesterday

Thursdays, Thursdays, ugh! Actually, only the 2nd and 4th Thursdays are ugh. It's not that anything BAD happens on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays. It's just that the days are busy - too busy - even too busy to blog (gasp). We start our Thursdays at 7:15 (actually I start mine at 5:30 just like every other day, but the kids start theirs at 7:15) when I roust them out of their peaceful slumber. This is especially difficult as they are up late on Wednesday night because of church. We eat breakfast and get dressed and the three little ones need to be in the van by 8:30 to take Raelea to speech class. We come home, do any hair that hasn't been taken care of yet and start school. At 9:30 Zoe & Marcus are back in the van to go get Raelea from class and then it's back home to do more school.

Lunch is served promptly at 11:00 (way too early for us as we usually eat closer to 1:00) and we are out the door at 11:35 to drive Evan to his co-op (where he is learning to Habla espanol) and then the rest of us are on to our co-op. At co-op I hang out with Zoe & Marcus for a couple hours and then I teach science to first and second graders (which I LOVE to to do, btw, but it is a little more challenging with Zoe on my back and Marcus at my side). Yesterday at co-op we learned about the circulatory and respiratory systems. If you want an idea for making a "model" of blood, let me know. It's always a hit with the kids and I think it really helps them remember what we have learned.

Anyway, back to the day, co-op ends at 3:30 and we need to round everyone up and be down to pick up Evan by 4:15 (he spends his time after his co-op hanging out with friends and then having a muffin and pop (soda for you people in MO and you WI natives) at Byerly's. So, we get him picked up and then it's home to make dinner which proves to be a little difficult with three little ones who have missed their naps because of co-op. After dinner, it's family devotion time and then last night I had to go grocery shopping, as we are going to be out of town this weekend ( I normally go on Sat. morning - early).

Now, as you can see nothing horrible happens on Thursday, but it does leave me ready for bed at a normal time (which is highly unusual for me). And now, I am glad to say that it is no longer Thursday and Friday is one of my favorite days of the week!

3 comments:

  1. Being the best science teacher in the whole world takes a lot out of you, I'm sure, but we sure appreciate you and all you do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, you are too sweet! I hope you know I love what I do for co-op and will miss it TERRIBLY next year :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.