Well, we purchased our airline tickets today, so I guess we really are flying out on the 20th of February. We have an awesome travel agent (Scott Nordwall) who got us a great deal even with only 13 days notice. Did you know that airlines can have buy one get one free sales? Who knew?
Those of you that know what a bargain shopper I am will not be surprised that even our plane tickets were bought on sale! I love a good deal! Now we are praying that this change of travel dates will allow us to stay at our agency's guesthouse while we are in Addis. We weren't going to be allowed to stay there if we traveled on the 27th because they didn't have two rooms for us. Molly and Evan are coming with us on this adventure and the rooms only hold two people. That was a HUGE disappointment as we were really looking forward to being in the guesthouse, where all the action is. Hopefully, with our new travel dates we will be able to get in there. If not, we might stay at a bed and breakfast (who knew they had those in Ethiopia as well? - it's just been an educational few days).