Just 7 More Days

Yesterday can be summed up in one word - DIAPERS. So, how many diapers do you bring for a 17 month old? I am open to suggestions...Here's what you need to know to give me your accurate answer:

1) We don't know when we will be taking Zoe into our care. It could be Tuesday, but maybe it will be Sunday, perhaps Monday is an option. It will be no later than Tuesday (or so we are told).
2) We don't know the condition of her intestinal tract (read - we don't know if she has giardia). This will play a HUGE role in how many diapers we go through, if you get me drift.

Okay, go ahead and guess...

Btw, Raelea is obsessed with diapers! Her favorite words are "Zoe's diapers." I kid you not, she spent 1 1/2 hours the other day playing with the diapers in her room. Stacking them, unstacking them, looking at the pictures on them, telling herself these were Zoe's diapers. Yesterday, she proceeded to put about fifty diapers in one of the suitcases that is laying around here. Who knew diapers could be so much fun!

Okay, as long as your posting a comment about number of diapers we should bring, could you also tell me what size shoes a four year old and a 17 month old wear???????

4 comments:

  1. We think we don't really know, it has been too long since we had wee ones in diapers. But maybe pack what you think you might need and then double that:) As for shoe size I will have to check with my four year olds at work to see if they have an idea what shoe size for Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I will not be much help but if she would have 'issues' rubber pants over her diapers would be good especially if she is sleeping in your bed at night.That helped a ton with Grace.Maybe something for Marcus as well (for night) just in case. Do you have a vacuum food thing? You might be able to pack in more diapers if you use that, but I never traveled so I do not know first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would guess you'd need as many diapers as you would for a newborn (they need a new diaper about 8 times a day, I think -- I don't know, it's been 7 months!) :) The suggestion of "rubber pants" over the diapers is a GREAT one!!

    Maybe shoes for Marcus and Zoe that have an open toe so if they are too small, they won't be cramped!! And then socks to put on once you hit the States and the cold! :)

    What an awesome journey this is for you guys -- thanks for giving us a front seat to it all! Praying for you!!!

    Kim (and Company) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, good advice except we don't know how many days she'll be in our care :) and diapers take up a lot of room in a suitcase. I do have plastic pants for her thanks to my dear friend Vickie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.