Hey Everyone!!

I finally figured out how to post on my blog from here!! I bet you all thought I fell off the face of the earth. Well, I didn't - just went to Africa :)

We obviously are here in Ethiopia and are doing VERY well. Ethiopia is an amazing country and the people are absolutely wonderful. You would have to see it to believe it, so I think everyone should take a trip here!

We have had several opportunities to spend time with Marcus and Zoe. Today (Monday) we got to bring them here to the guest house where we are staying for the morning. It was our first time taking them away from their care center. It was so good to have an extended amount of time with them. When we had to bring them back to the care center, Marcus had to be pried from Daddy. He cried a lot when we had to go. It was heart-wrenching! Tomorrow we take them into our care full-time and we won't have to leave them again. That will be a very good thing.

Marcus is definitely more fond of Chris than myself. That's okay though. I am glad he feels safe and comfortable with Chris. Zoe will go to either of us. We got to eat lunch with them today and Zoe fed me a lot of injera. She thought it was very fun to feed mom!

Yesterday, we went south to Hosanna (a town south of Addis - in the area where are children are fun). We got to meet a member of Zoe & Marcus's birthfamily. It was an amazingly emotional time. Very good, but very, very hard. I am not sure I have ever had such an emotionally difficult day... We are SO glad we went though. For those of you that haven't gone to get your kids yet, I would HIGHLY encourage you to take the trip to Hosanna. It's hard, very hard, but very worth it!

I don't know if I will be able to post again - as it is not working very well from here. I will definitly fill everyone in when we get home. Okay, if you're looking for something to pray for us - pray for water :) Our water is not working and we would like to smell nice for our embassy appointment tomorrow :)

Nina, Aidan, Emily & Raelea - we miss you VERY, VERY much! We are praying for you and looking forward to Friday when we will all be together again! Thank you for being a blessing to your care takers!!

Dawn - If you are reading this please email me. I can't get to the forum and I would like to get a message to you.

3 comments:

  1. YEA!! Glad to hear all is going well!!! Will pray for water! Please bring back some warm weather along with your beautiful children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, thanks for the info. It is wonderful that the children are bonding with you already. I hope you had water to clean up for your visit to the embassy.
    Love to all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I found you! I'm glad things are going well for you so far. You are in my prayers. I look forward to meeting the kiddos. No news from my end yet.

    God Bless,
    Jen B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.