New Workout

I have a new total body workout.  It's called the Geriatric Dog Workout.

First, you need to acquire a medium-sized geriatric dog, about 60 pounds should do the trick.  You need to make sure that the dog has reached the age where it can no longer go up and down stairs by itself.  You need to live in a split-level home for this work-out to be most effective.  The more stairs the better.

Now, several times throughout the day, whenever the dog needs to "do its business," you need to carry the dog down the steps. When she is done taking care of business, carry her back up the steps.  You may also need to carry her out of the kitchen, or any other slippery-floored place, when she falls over and can't get herself up again.


There you have it, the Geriatric Dog Workout.  I find it quite effective, particularly in building the upper body.

Here is my own personal geriatric dog.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have all the ingredients for this workout, except my dog isn't quite heavy enough. She's only fifteen pounds, and our other dog is still fairly nimble, despite four knee surgeries. Maybe I should take Bridget off of her diet dog food to plump her up so I can slim down, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, yes 15 pounds is a little on the light side! Our old dog, who never had people food, is now enjoying quite a few tasty treats. Just tonight some nummy chunks of steak "happened" to fall on the floor while I was preparing dinner. I figure she doesn't have long anyway, she might as well enjoy her last few months (I'm being optimistic here).

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.