First World Problems

I watched this video the other day...



It was all over Facebook, and I finally succumbed and watched it.  It got me thinking because I've heard some of those same complaints from my own children.  Now, when I hear them complain because they don't like the muffins I made for breakfast or because their favorite shirt is in the wash I just tell them "FWP!"  Makes them think.

But alas, as with most things, when I start calling my kids on something, I soon find myself convicted of the same thing!  So when I am frustrated about the stain on my nicely painted walls - FWP!  Or when the floors didn't turn out quite as nice as I would like them - FWP!  Perhaps I'm tempted to complain about waiting in line for 45 minutes on Black Friday - FWP!

Frankly, I just need to stop my whining!

That doesn't mean I have to be happy about the stain on my newly painted walls, but I do need to keep it in perspective.  It is only a wall after all!  Thank God I have walls and floors and sales at Kohls!

My friend Maria posted the following on Facebook today...
"What can we say about such wonderful things as this? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since God did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else?" Romans 8:31, 32 

 Those of us who have Jesus really have nothing to worry about or be discontent about. God knows our needs - all of them - and HE alone can meet them. He gave us everything - how can I withhold anything from Him in light of all He has done and sacrificed for me? Everything good that I have is because God gave it to me first. Lord - help me to remember these Truths and put them into practice in all areas of my life. You alone are worthy of all praise, glory, and honor - and I want to live to please You first.

It's so true!  I really don't have ANYTHING to worry about or be discontented about.  Such a good and timely reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.