My Heart's Desire

My heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved.     -Romans 10:1

I read this verse this morning and thought, "Yes! That is my heart's desire."

This isn't about "converting" anyone to my religion, or having some belief that everyone should share my beliefs.  Pure and simple, it's about wanting people, the people I care about, in particular, to experience the real love, the real freedom, the real joy that come only from knowing Jesus.

Deep down, above my love for Mumford & Sons, above my love for my family, above my love for my kids, and even above my love for my husband, I have a love for Jesus that is the sure and firm foundation of my soul.  That love is what has made me who I am.  That is the love that sustains me through the daily difficulties.  And that is the love that motivates this particular post.

So, for today, I will leave you with this thought...
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."     -Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.