Why not?

It's true confessions, time once again on my blog.  Die hard blog readers of mine know that they will hear all sorts of "interesting" tidbits here.  I have no shame!  So, today's confession is - I have toenail fungus!  This is not new news to old time blog readers as I think I have confessed this here before.

Nobody freak out, please.  It's not as contagious as you think.  I only have it on one foot and in the past 30 years of my feet spending a lot of time together, it has not passed on to the other foot.  I really don't think you can get it from reading my blog.

Anyway, I confess this rather unpleasant fact today because I am trying something new to get rid of the old fungi.  My sister Deb called me about a week ago and told me that she had read about a study that found that in some cases applying Vick's Vapor Rub to fungus infected toenails will get rid of the fungus.  Granted it only worked in about 39% of the cases, but I figured it was worth a try.

I'll let you know in five months if the twice daily application of Vapor Rub to my toes has indeed cured my fungus or only caused me to go around smelling like menthol for almost half a year.

It should be noted that the last time I mentioned toenail fungus on this blog it was because I was soaking my foot in apple cider vinegar.  It also has been successful in some cases in combating toenail fungus, but I didn't like my feet smelling like vinegar.  Menthol is much more agreeable to me.

Oh, one more thing.  Yes, I am aware that there is oral medication that you can take to try to get rid of the pesky fungus; however, when on the medicine you need to regularly monitor your liver enzymes as the medicine can cause liver damage.  Personally, I'd rather live with the friendly fungus than risk liver damage. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.