We're Tired Of It

Winter, that is. Everyone I talk to these days is ready for this cold, white season to be over. It was beautiful and fun in November/December, it was tolerable in January. February has been bearable, but enough already! Okay, instead of complaining about the several feet of snow covering every inch of my yard and the plummeting temperatures, I decided to compile a list of 10 reasons why it's a good thing that spring is no where in sight (this is going to be tough, but I think it is necessary for our collective mental health)

10 Reasons Why It's Great That Winter Will Be Here For Another Two Months Or So

1. No mosquitoes
2. I don't have to weed my garden every week.
3. I don't have to worry about getting skin cancer from over exposure to the sun.
4. The extra milk I drink to avoid vitamin D deficiency (due to lack of exposure to the sun) has the added benefit of fighting off osteoporosis.

hmm, this is getting tough...

5. The grass doesn't need to be cut.
6. If I go to bed at 8:00, it's already dark.
7. My clothes are softer drying in the dryer than on the clothes line.
8. I don't wish I was outside enjoying the beautiful day while I am teaching school.
9. I don't have to shave my legs - ever.

Okay, I give up, I just can't do it. Nine is all I could come up with, but if we all meditate on these nine pleasant thoughts I think we can pull through this winter without going crazy (or crazier depending on you're current state of mental health).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.