Evan

I was just thinking about how Evan is not getting his due time on my blog. So, here is an entire post for him! (Hi, Evan, I know you're reading this). As many of you know, Evan has been taking bagpipe lessons for the past seven months. He's getting in touch with his inner Scots-man (okay, he's not really Scottish, but he can pretend). Anyway, he has been playing on a "recorder-like" like thing called a chanter since last June. He was supposed to have a year of chanter lessons and then begin learning the bagpipes (or wrestling with the bagpipes as pipers like to say). Well, my highly musically inclined child progressed so quickly on his chanter that he is now ready to spend hundreds or dollars on a real Scottish bagpipe. On Tuesday he finally got his very beautiful set of bagpipes. He is totally and completely unable to play them yet (Chris couldn't even get a sound out of them); which is totally normal for someone just starting. Because he can't get much of a sound out of them our house is still relatively quiet (okay, our house is NEVER quiet except right now when I am the only one up), but soon the noise will begin. I have already purchased earplugs (no, I am not joking) and I am looking forward to spring when he can serenade the neighbors and play at the park. Okay, here is a picture of Evan with his pride and joy (since he doesn't own a kilt yet his plaid pjs will have to do :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Evan! Maybe you can start a gig of performing at kids' birthday parties in the neighborhood. :) I'd hire you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.